Re: Associate members of completed communities?
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 10:57:48 -0700 (PDT)
Newview (acton ma) has three 'community member' households (folks who
pay a substantial amount per year & participate & everything but a few
condo-doc-defined voting matters) and a handful of associates (sliding
fee, small bucks, participate mostly in meals & common house events &
email discussions).

details are here:

http://newview.org/Joining.htm

I'd say its worked well, especially with the community members, who
are all within easy walking distance. Some of the associates tend to
disappear for months or years at a time, so it is disconcerting when
they pop-up and folks don't even recognize them.

-Jim Snyder-Grant