Re: Consensus decision making
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 07:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
It seems to me to be important to define what is meant by the term "effective":
Is an effective community one which makes decision fast? Is it one where
decisions, once reached, are embraced by the whole community and therefore
are carried out effectively, or? ...

I think that a high level of trust is a precondition for high level of delegation (so that decision are seen as supporting the whole community, not this or that
faction).  If this is missing, delegating becomes very problematic.

Racheli (Sonora Cohousing, Tucson).