Re: Building lot available, Cantines Island, Saugerties
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:47:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 13, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Ruth Hirsch wrote:

Meanwhile, it is gorgeous here as we approach Peak Leaf Peeker time.

For anyone who doesn't know Saugerties and the Hudson River Valley, it has the best Peak Leaf season I've ever seen. The river valley just has lots of wonderful trees. Other places look treeless by comparison.

If you are thinking of moving to New York State this is an excellent location. It's a smallish city in an interesting area, not far from rural areas with small towns, minor skiing, rock climbing, and New York City.

I used to drive from New York City to Albany very frequently. An odd piece of information is that coming south, there is a dotted line just above Saugerties where the weather changes. When there is a blizzard in upstate, it changes at Saugerties. If it's raining, it stops there.

So this is a good location if you are looking for a place. (I'm sure it's a nice community too but I haven't been there.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines in Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca