Re: Common house reservations
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:12:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We have a concierge function who handles all the reservations for common facilities. Generally cohousing meetings take precedence over community social functions, which take precedence over private functions open to the community, which take precedence over outside functions. Functions require a resident sponsor willing to take responsibility for the event, especially cleanup and damage avoidance. Functions that will have a large number of attendees (over 20), last more than four hours, is open to the public, etc., need to have Community Life Committee approval. There's a routine procedure in getting that approval.

As far as the guest rooms go, we have active periods where folks can reserve them only a limited period in advance, otherwise they can be reserved at any point ahead. Also, if a household exceeds a treshhold in reserving the rooms, they become a "high use household" for a period of time, where they have less priority than other households.

        All the best in selling your remaining units!

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing