Re: Inauguration invitation from Takoma Village
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:40:54 -0800 (PST)
Awwww.  I'm so disappointed!  Come visit us another time?

No I won't be on the Mall. I'm a wheelchair rider and the thought of having to share port o' potties w/ 1.5 million other people is a little overwhelming. Plus, sitting, I'm shorter than everyone else so my view wouldn't be all that great. I'll be here watching on TV so I can get up close and personal. I DID however go down on the Mall yesterday (Sat.) along w/ a zillion other people. We walked (I wheeled) from the Washington Monument to the "inner sanctum" of 1200+ seats for the very lucky few who got tickets to the seated part of the event. We took pictures of the balcony where the Address will be delivered to prove we were there! I may write something to the Coho L and extend the invitation again.

Hope you'll share your experience w/ us!

AZ

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village