Invitation to Cohousers Coming to DC
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 07:00:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!

The atmosphere is electric here. If you saw the concert yesterday live or on TV you could feel the good will and hope emanating outside the confines of the event grounds -- which were packed even in the sub- freezing weather. What an experience!

I, along w/ a zillion other people, was at The Mall on Saturday in 23 degree weather to watch the roadies putting up the Jumbotrons, speakers and to check out the port o' potties. (Note to Inauguration organizers: 5, 000 port o' potties not enough for 1.5 - 2 million people. And the green one on the end closest to 14th Street? It's out of paper ... ) MSNBC was broadcasting live from 7th and Jefferson, there were vendors out hawking Obamaware and everywhere people were in the best of moods. Lots of laughter and poignancy.

People say this is the beginning of a "new" America. I say this is the America cohousers know we have always been and are -- somewhere we lost our way. Cohousing for me is one strategy to restore this sense of togetherness we call "community." We are now seeing the opportunity to work together, share together and support each other as we know we can. It's always been there -- now we've grabbed for it on a larger scale.

To wit: (there IS a cohousing related point here...) Takoma Village will have our CH open for visitors to DC to come by, thaw out, rest and recuperate before taking off back home OR heading out for a busy night of partying. We'll have hot tea and chocolate along w/ munchies, the TV will be on for the parade along w/ whatever other activities will be broadcast. Of course, we be up for hearing your experiences on The Mall. Bring your digital pictures to show us!

Let me know if you can come -- I'll send you directions. I'll try to remember to turn on my cell phone on Tuesday in case you find out you want to defrost your frost-bite on short notice.

Bundle up -- it's REALLY cold here.  And it's snowing ...

My cell number is:  [<202 546 4654>]

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village