Re: Common Meals System Online
From: Tim Mensch (tim-coho-lbitgems.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
Eva Passalacqua wrote:
* We have residents who are not really internet users, and this would either exclude them from easy participation or require that we have both a paper system and an online system. Which is, in my opinion, far more complex than just paper!
This was a concern at Pleasant Hill as well, and a member donated a laptop that I mounted (semi-permanently, so it wouldn't just walk away) in the common house next to where the old sign-up board used to be. It could ONLY be used to sign up for meals, so folks who didn't want to sign up from home could sign up there.

Just mentioning that partial solution to the above concern--I recognize your other concerns are also valid, if they work well for your community. Aside from the fact that, "if it's not broken, why fix it?" :)
Tim

database 4243 (20090714) __________

http://www.eset.com