Re: [ValleySRI] 19 acres between Holyoke and Northampton-ideal for eco-village?
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
Coho New Englanders,

Here is a note, below, about a piece of property, from someone you might
know from radio, who is interested in making cohousing!  You can contact
Francesca Rheannon directly (copied on this email), if this interests you.
I'm hoping to get her a press pass on the October 24th bus tour.  I also
hoping to see many of you on that tour.

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002
413-549-5799
lfitch [at] krausfitch.com
www.krausfitch.com

Hi All,
I'm putting this out here because I don't know where else to get some
feedback on it, so I hope this is OK. There's a 19 acre parcel of land for
sale between Holyoke and Northampton (on Holyoke side of the line), with CT
river frontage, that might be ideal for an eco-village. Asking price is
300K. I'd love to find some people interested in creating an ecovillage
there. The fact that it's situated by the rail line on route 5 might be very
useful in a post peak oil future.

I haven't a clue how to start this ball rolling. I want to be part of it as
a partner, but can't put up all the dough up front.

--
Francesca Rheannon,
Co-director, Sea Change Media