Re: co-farming in PNW
From: Susan in TN (taminigmail.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting post. Too bad you have ruled out the south. A friend and I have
listed both our farms and are looking for a place in or near Lewis County
TN. We have actually found a great 250 acre farm for sale..but can't make an
offer til one of our places sell. We are both single women and are tired of
farmong on our own. Some jobs just need more than one set of hands, plus
sharing things like one tractor instead of both of us owning one makes it
economically easier. We would love to have several more individuals or
families join us, and they may come along eventually. The hardest part is
finding mature stable adults without lots of "issues"and a bit of common
sense...You are right, most people would have a hard time commiting to the
lifestyle of a farm. The great benefit of co-farming would be the ability to
take a break now and then as there are several people who can take care of
things if you want to take a trip, etc.
Susan