Re: contingency fund questions
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:07:27 -0800 (PST)
At Sharingwood at the end of each year we roll over any unspent team money
into a non-specific projects fund which can be used with community approval
for just about anything for the community. If this fund goes over a certain
amount we channel the excess into a larger reserve fund.  We also have
$1,000 in unallocated money as part of the board of directors budget each
year and this also can be used for whatever comes up. So far our contingency
needs have been less than these two funds provide so this system has worked
for about a dozen years.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood Community
Snohomish Co, WA