Re: Meal Participation Program
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:07:15 -0800 (PST)
Eta,

We have a scheduler who assigns folks to cooking slots (of course, taking in
account folks' preferences and restrictions).  It is not perfect but thanks
to the scheduler, it works.

However, if you have been assigned a cooking slot whose date no longer works
for you, it is up to you to find a replacement.  Generally, one posts to the
listserv and someone is usually willing to work out an arrangement.

>>> It would also be helpful to find out how much they charge for a meal per
person.
The cooks pay for the meal.  Also we do not RSVP.  The cooks take their best
guess on how many will show up for dinner.  Any leftovers is divided by the
cooks or shared with the community.  (For dinners when we expect a large
attendance, we assign more cooks to share the expense.)

So the cooking team plan the meal, prepare the meal, serve the meal and do
cleanup.  Who does what is worked out by the team.  We have had this
arrangement for over 10 years and it works for us.

Do you know why your meal attendance has been dropping?

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 http://www.enocommons.org
 where we have a house available for rent as the owners are in New Zealand
for a year.