Re: Upcoming Events and a personal request...
From: katie-henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:00:35 -0800 (PST)
> I am interested in hearing from anyone who can refer me to a good vacation
> home
> rental company for homes in the South of France.

Here you go:

http://www.nicepebbles.com/ (just Nice)
http://rivierapebbles.com/ (Nice plus St-Tropez, Cannes, and Antibes)

If you are looking for Nice, check both sites. They are run by the same
company, but they have fewer Nice apartments on the rivierapebbles site.

A friend and I spent a week in Nice this fall in an apartment we rented through
Pebbles. Very positive experience. They were much more responsive than some of
the other agencies I considered. All of their apartments were beautiful and
nicely furnished, whereas the quality level through the other agencies varied
wildly, and I was concerned I'd end up in a dump that had been disguised by
good photography. I found them through a recommendation (not an ad) in the Time
Out guide to the South of France.

If you are looking for a place in the country where you would need a car, you
might try http://www.gites-de-france.com/gites/uk/rural_gites.

I had some promising leads with individuals on craigslist. If I had been
travelling alone, I would have done that. But I was travelling with someone
older and not too adventurous, so I needed a sure thing.

Feel free to contact me offline with any questions.

Katie
katie-henry [at] att.net