For Sale: 3 BR + Office, 2 Bath home in Nevada City Cohousing
From: Larry Hierman (lehiermangmail.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
Beautiful, light & bright 3 br + office, 2 bath end unit overlooking a
community garden & small creek. 1440 sq. ft. plus attic and large, dry,
walkable crawl space. Green construction & very energy efficient with dedicated
PV electric panels, solar hot water, super insulated, dual pane low-e windows,
radiant heat, built with FSC certified lumber & low VOC paints & adhesives.
Bamboo, wool carpet and Marmoleum floors. Light maple cabinetry. Whole house
fan & whole house vacuum system. 2010 HOA dues for this unit are $364/month and
include all heating, water, HOA insurance, trash, common house, high speed
internet and contributions to reserve accounts. Our reserves are fully funded.
Price is $489,000.
Nevada City Cohousing is a multi-generational community of 34 homes, located in
the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills of northern California. The community is
built on 11 acres, 6 of which have been kept as open space, mostly forest, with
1 acre cleared for a future orchard. We have meals up to 6 times per week
prepared by the members. Besides the kitchen and dining area, the common house
also has a sitting room with a pool table, a kid's room, a teen room, a laundry
and two guest rooms. There is also a separate workshop. We share in the
maintenance of the community grounds including the pool & hot tub. There are
community gardens, fruit trees and a chicken club. For more info about Nevada
City Cohousing visit our website at http://www.nccoho.org.
In addition to the usual benefits that come with living in cohousing, an
outstanding feature is our unique location. We're an easy walk to downtown
Nevada City, a picturesque, historic small town with excellent people, culture
and consciousness and no traffic lights.
Nevada City has been called the "Crown Jewel of the California Gold Country"
and is a fantastic place to raise a family or retire, with plenty of choices
for outdoor and cultural activity. School options include excellent public &
charter schools as well as a homeschool program run by the school district.
Downtown has been preserved as an historic district and annually hosts a couple
of major bike races, two series of street fairs (Victorian Christmas and Hot
Summer nights), and a great farmer's market. The area supports a lot of
activity around sustainability, including many small farms that sell at the
farmer's markets, through CSA's and at the food coop and 3 other natural food
stores. There are parades at Mardi Gras, 4th of July and Constitution Day, and
a great small town Halloween where you get to see the amazing creativity of the
greater community. Countywide there is a range of cultural activities
including; a great county fair, a draft horse show, a major celtic music
festival, the World Music Festival, a Bluegrass festival, a major national
environmental film festival, plus theater, dance and many other cultural
events. There are a variety of spiritual groups here including various churches
(new age, new thought & standard varieties), a synagogue, at least 3 yoga
retreat centers, and a zen-do. Located in the foothills of the Sierras, Nevada
City is about an hour northeast of Sacramento and an hour from the Sierra
Nevada mountains where there is skiing, hiking, camping, canoeing...etc. There
are several state parks and couple of large wildlife sanctuaries within an
hour. The "wild & scenic" Yuba River, about 10 minutes away, is a gorgeous
place to hike, mountain bike, camp, swim... etc. We're about 3 hours from the
ocean, a little less to San Francisco. You can find out more the Nevada City
and the Nevada County at http://www.ncgold.com.

Please contact Larry or Elise at 530-265-6312 or email at lehierman at gmail.com