Re: Mar 20 Coho-Events: one-day conference at the Univ. ofMaryland AND a day-long Cohousing Tour in the San Francisco Bay Area
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:22:10 -0700 (PDT)
Meg,

Coho/US has been gradually increasing the number of tours and the
number of areas where we give tours.

In 2010, there will be tours in and around:

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco Bay Area
New England (mostly in MA)
Denver

and possibly North Carolina

We are currently planning on 10 different tours, with different
numbers in the different locations. When we see strong demand in a
particular area, we try to add additional tours.

The newest area where we added a tour last year is Portland, OR. This
is one of the hottest spots in the United States for new Cohousing
Development - it is one of a very few areas with more than one
professional who is involved in cohousing development. These
individuals are largely under the radar nationally as they are highly
focused on LOCAL work and are not seeking business outside of their
area.

The best place (in the world) to keep an eye on specifics is the
Cohousing Website Tours & Events page:

http://www.cohousing.org/tours_events

This page also hosts the Cohousing Community Events calendar (which
also lists other Cohousing-related events all over the United States,
including events at Cohousing Communities themselves)

Craig