Re: Any urban cohousing architects out there?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 05:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
Diana and all --

The issue is not so much the "cohousing" piece -- it's the "multi- family" piece that you need to worry about. This is the BIG knowledge base. All the requirements for construction are going to be local requirements so it's important that you have someone who understands the local codes and regulations. It's the DEVELOPER you should be concerned in finding.

If you want the best of both worlds suggest you use a two tiered system: an architect w/ cohousing experience and a local DEVELOPER who has the multi family development experience. Developers know the zoning, construction and a myriad of other development requirements.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC