Re: Air Purifiers, Aranizers etc for pets near common space
From: Adam Cohen (acohenstructuresdb.com)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
Rick, consider installing an HRV or ERV to maintain a constant flow of fresh
air.  Also, elimination of carpeting and plush furniture that will capture
and retain allergens is important.  Proper filtration and maintenance on a
recirculating forced air system is also critical.
When it comes to allergens and indoor air quality, you need to understand
both the causes and the facilitators of those causes.  So here are the
questions:

What are the specific allergens causing concern, only the dog?
What type of heat/cooling system is employed?
What type of floor, wall and ceiling coverings are in place.
What is the maintenance practice on these?
What type of furniture finishes are existing?

The answers to these questions will inform your next move,

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
wrote:

> Rick Gravrok <rick.gravrok [at] gmail.com>
> due to a format problem.
>

> Hello,
>
>        When it comes to keeping air as clean as possible, what
> lessons have fellow cohousers learned? I have a new puppy, and I live
> in the building where we also have our common space so I'd like to do
> the best job I can to keep down alergen & dander problems, etc. as
> much as possible for everyone.
>
> Do air cleaners / air filter machines work?
>
> What do folks know about Aranizers?
>
> Is ozone bad for you?
>
> Can air cleaners be silent?
>
> Which models do people recommend?
>
>        Sincerely,
>
> Rick
>

> --
> Rick Gravrok
> Phone 952-926-6655
>
> Monterey CoHousing Community  <www.montereycohousing.org/>
> 2925 Monterey Ave, Apt 102
> St Louis Park, Minnesota 55416-5805
> Map: <http://tinyurl.com/RickGCohousingHome>
>
> <mailto:rick.gravrok [at] gmail.com>

Adam Cohen
Certified Passivhaus Consultant, LEED AP, NAHB Green Professional

Structures Design/Build, LLC
5104 Bernard Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018

Web site: www.structuresdb.com