Re: Climate Change, Bill McKibben and the 2010 Conference (was: Boulder Questions)
From: Adam Cohen (acohenstructuresdb.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
Design their lives around the concept of transition. Look at
every decision as to how it will be affected by both climate change and peak
energy and to design their systems to be adaptable for this.  Could be
something as simple as, right now using a solar thermal heating system with
a gas boiler backup, but having the rough-in in place to be able to abandon
the gas boiler when it becomes untenable (could be next year or in 20 years
don't know) and switch to a renewable biomass boiler as backup.  There are
many examples, it is a way of thinking about long term adaptation remember
"act now or react later" means being conscious of the FACT that the world is
changing and the world we we will have in 2050 will be very different from
the one we inhabit today, especially in the US!

--
Adam Cohen
Certified Passivhaus Consultant, LEED AP, NAHB Green Professional

Structures Design/Build, LLC
5104 Bernard Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018

Web site: www.structuresdb.com