Re: Does your community provide interpersonal mediation?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:45:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 28, 2010, at 8:36 PM, Mary Vallier-Kaplan wrote:

For example when
one person was offended by the way another person delivered an opinion to
the other

I can't imagine something like this going to conflict resolution in our community. People both do and are called to task for this quite often, me included. I'm on doing side more than the receiving side and people do tell me what they think.

I can think of only two instances in ten years when a conflict was so pervasive in length of time and the number of people involved that many people came to the rescue and we had meetings about it. Usually conflicts are over non-enforcement or differing interpretations of policies and we tell people to contact the team responsible for the area of concern.

If we had a conflict resolution team, we might have more conflicts identified and resolved, but not for something like someone not liking the way someone else said something.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC