Re: right of first refusal
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:25:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I checked the Master Deed at Jamaica Plain Cohousing for the right of first refusal language. We do have language against using the ROFR for discriminatory purposes. There's also language specifically mentioning Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and their requirements, as well as provisions allowing foreclosure proceedings to trump the ROFR.

In any event, we had no problems with respect to ROFR in obtaining mortgages for our 2005 move-in, nor have had any such problems for our four resales since then, one of which took place as late as this year.

Regards,
David Heimann
JP Cohousing