Bad Tenant Alert
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
Tim Pierce wrote:

The idea of a "bad tenants" blacklist sounds like a liability pit so huge, I
would not even want to be in the same hemisphere as it.

--twp

I don't see any difference in concept between a bad credit list which we all
know exists, or a bad bank account list which is a blacklist maintained by the
banks, from a "Bad Tenants" list.

In fact, if there is a landlords association in your area, I would hope they
collaborate to maintain such a list for members, even if they do not release it
publicly.

Further, our responsibility to our communities is to be sensitive to the best
interests of our community in whole even if it means avoiding an immediate
questionable tenant in preference for a more certainly reliable tenant
possibility next month.  A worst case would be a perpetrator finding refuge in
one home as a safe house from which to exploit the other community members.  I
would caution all to be particularly wary of all new tenants until they have
demonstrated their reliability.  For example, when a prospect initially asks to
only pay half the deposit and the balance in 2 weeks, you're definitely looking
into the gates of hell.

Tom Lofft

RE: