Re: THE TERRIBLE UNION DILEMMA
From: Don Marti (dmartizgp.org)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
begin Linda Gluck quotation of Tue, May 31, 2011 at 08:34:16AM -0400:

> I am coming to the conference, with a heavy conscience. Maybe we could
> demonstrate our union support by wearing  Unite Here buttons during the
> conference?

The high-margin items in the hotel business aren't
the rooms, but the room service, bar, minibar,
pay-per-view, laundry, phone, and so on.  If you
want to make an impact without losing the deposit,
you could tell them: "we are fulfilling our side
of the contract, but we have informed our attendees
about the union situation and are asking them not to
make additional purchases from the hotel."

(I am an associate and one of the
webmasters for Eastlake Cohousing:
http://north-oakland-cohousing.org/, a group in the
East Bay, California.  We are structured as an LLC
and in the process of buying an apartment building
near Lake Merritt in Oakland.  For more info, please
visit the web site and join the mailing list or
Facebook group.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/