Re: Group Think - Apathy is NOT a Factor
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
In my experience, groupthink is most powerful when there is a strong push to
restrict discussion, either because a powerful person in the group inflicts
consequences on anyone who "steps out of line", or when a particular group has
a strong tendency to avoid conflict. Esprit de corps, in my experience, may
lead to quick, and perhaps not well-thought out decisions on occasion, but
makes it easier to go back and fix whatever the problem is.
Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing
Aptos, CA

---