Re: Smart Meters are NO RF threat
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 04:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Barrett <mbarrett [at] toast.net>
The figure Michael included is at:
http://www.justcomm.org/temp/moz-screenshot-25.png

It is from the report at
http://www.ccst.us/publications/2011/2011smartA.pdf

Cohousing does not distribute attachments.  Fred

Thank you, Dick Kohlhaas.
For those who don't like to read reports, or feel overwhelmed by
technical discussion, I copy below the (to me) "zinger" figure from the
report Dick references.

In this figure, the taller the column the more you should be concerned
about it.  Clearly if you use a cell phone, it is inappropriate for you
to be agitated about smart meters.

In the figure the smart meter are depicted as "always on", i.e. 100%
on-time.  As the report discusses the on-time will be only  1 to 4%,
reducing the exposure accordingly.

Michael Barrett ( Ph.D. retired from 33 yrs in electrical engineering)
Blacksburg, VA