Re: HGTV & Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:30:21 -0700 (PDT)
On 18 Jul 2011, at 8:37 PM, Ann Zabaldo wrote:

> By now, folks here in EDST have already seen the House Hunter's segment on
> HGTV which featured a home for sale at Stone Curves in Tucson.

I will assume that everyone who wants to see this segment has seen it.

My first comment is that now we know why real estate agents can't sell
cohousing units. They compare huge houses to what are condominium units and
fail to fully present the other facilities and advantages. But the clip may
have been highly edited.

In our community, time after time, for the one unit listed with a realtor,
there was not even a trip to see the commonhouse or tour the grounds, much less
an offer to meet other community members.

> And I'd love to hear from the folks at Stone Curves what they thought of the
> real estate agent, the home buyer, her son and HGTV's visit to their
> community.

I would love to hear this too.

Sharon.