Re: Development Phase of $ Commitment to Cohousing Community
From: Marty Maskall (mmaskallpacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
I strongly encourage him to go forward.  I am the founder of Folsom
EcoHousing, a forming group east of Sacramento.  We are partners with a
developer who owns the land.  The developer is carrying the land and putting
up 20% of the entitlement costs.  We are putting up the remaining 80%.  We
are doing this because we want to live in cohousing and because we believe
the world needs more cohousing.  Eli is correct about people having
different levels of risk tolerance.  But if we don't have some early
risk-takers, we'll never get off the ground.  By the way, the cohousing
listserv has lots of people who are in forming groups.  Many of us just
listen because we're so busy getting our communities started.

I hope Eli will take the next step!

Marty Maskall
Project Manager & Future Resident
www.FolsomEcoHousing.org -- a Family-Friendly Green Neighborhood