Re: Objection Versus Extortion
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
On 18 Oct 2011, at 9:09 PM, R Philip Dowds wrote:

> I would argue that if Person X has no gripe with C and D, s/he should
> up-thumb it.  This would be intellectually and ethically honest, and permits
> the community to proceed with something everyone finds valuable.  And then if
> Person X still feels strongly about getting E as well, the s/he should form
> Group Three, and develop his/her own proposal for same.
>
> Comments?  Thanks.

What is the aim of the decision? What is it supposed to accomplish? Is there an
agreement about this? How do each of the proposals address the aim?

The focus appears to be on politics and gotcha and who has to do what, instead
of on the purpose of the decision and what a quality solution would include.

Not enough up front work. Not enough attention to content and quality of the
proposed solutions.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg