Re: Cohousing in Land Use Code
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
On 31 Oct 2011, at 2:26 PM, R Philip Dowds wrote:

> There is no evidence that zoning will change anytime soon to grant formal
> recognition of, or support for, cohousing per se.

And I don't think there is any need to since the condominium legal structure
works very well almost everywhere.

The difference is that residents manage the property and have many activities
open to all residents. The CH is larger than most clubhouses but common spaces
and other facilities are becoming the norm. We we were told 10 years ago that
ours is 9+ times the size of a regular condo's but I'm not sure that would be
true in newly designed buildings where there are seating areas and laundry
facilities on each floor plus gyms and party rooms. Kids are probably still
left out.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines