Re: Technology question: Meal system
From: Sheryl Faria (sefariayahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 09:37:29 -0800 (PST)
hi catya,

we use a drupal-based system, written by our former neighbor, tim mensch.

it works great, simplifying common meal communication (announcement and
signups, with a cook-specified signup deadline)  as well as accounting. of
course it's tweaked to our community's preferences. we've had it modified a few
times since its original unveiling. it also serves as a reservation
system/calendar for our great room and sitting room.

downsides: it's not been easy to find a programmer for updates and bug fixes.
it's quite stable though, so we don't need that help very often. we've hired 2
i think over the past few years, and they've been great, but they move on to
other projects. there don't seem to be a giant number of drupal programmers out
there - or maybe it's the small size of this particular job that's the problem.

ask me more if you're curious, catya.

sheryl faria
pleasant hill cohousing

Message: 3