Re: Rental policies?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:28:28 -0800 (PST)
On 14 Nov 2011, at 3:06 PM, Diana Carroll wrote:

> Our lawyer told us when creating our CCRs/condo docs that to modify the
> documents would require consent of every owner AND of every lienholder, ie:
> all the mortgage lenders.

The law in DC is that consent is required IF the change affects the rights of
the mortgagee. That is obviously subject to interpretation but it shouldn't
affect changing the quorum, the number of members of the board, whether people
can have pets, etc.

A few years ago, I sent my bylaws to Wells Fargo and they said there was
NOTHING in our bylaws that they cared anything about.

There is proposed legislation in the DC Council that says condos only have to
notify the mortgagee and wait a certain number of days, not wait for verified
consent. Other states have passed that law too.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC