Re: Smoking Policies
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:35:59 -0800 (PST)
It was written:

"The down side of this [non-smoking] policy is it somewhat limits the pool of
potential people who will buy into your community, but as smoking becomes
increasingly unpopular and uncommon this becomes less and less of a meaningful
issue."

I think this is the least important reason of all for not adopting non-smoking
[or other healthy communitarian] policies.

If you don't want predators, face the facts: these are your values and don't
need to be defended. If you don't want to accept their lifestyle, I highly
doubt you want to encourage them to buy the home next door.

Even if they are your parents or other relatives, no community has any
obligation to accept a compromise of its principles by anyone.

Tom Lofft
Liberty Village, MD