Re: Per Household or per person?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
It's true. And our group came to the threshold of failure on two occasions
(depending on how you count).

Part of what affects how much people contributed is how much faith they have in
the project, how much risk they are willing to take with their money, and how
badly they want it to happen.

There was no loss sharing agreement. Everyone put in what they could knowing
the risk. And this affects us to this day, because money WAS/is being lost, in
differing amounts for different people.

But I'm not sure how this addresses the question of individual vs household
assessment. Nor am I sure there is any other approach that we could have used
that would have gotten us built.

Returning to the original poster's question: my answer to your member who
objects to so called couple discounts: does she think it costs less to build a
house one person will live in thank one for two?

In fact, more people can get housed if you have more people per dwelling unit.
People who choose to live alone are therefore, in one way of looking at it,
taking up "space" that could hold multiple people. Of course those people
should pay a premium!  If I want extra space on the airplane so I buy two
seats, doesn't it make sense I pay twice as much?

Written on a small keyboard, please forgive bizarre typos