Re: seeking co housing
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hmm.  I would have said that the extraordinary experience of finding and buying
land, commissioning a design, struggling through difficult zoning rules,
bargaining with contractors and attorneys -- not to mention forging a unique
set of communal relations, agreements, duties and norms, all under the pressure
of getting through a multi-year project experience largely unfamiliar to most
of the participants -- all this, somewhat like combat in a war, creates
interpersonal bonds far different from those that are typical for those who
later move into finished construction and established community.

Or, do I over-dramatize?

RPD

Sent from my iPad