Re: Possible Funding Scheme for Building Rentals & New Cohousing
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 10:59:45 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon, you wrote:

"So investment in anything has to have someone who knows investments and
can investigate and recommend.

Or you need a developer who knows what they are doing and can put up the
money up front because they will be in charge and responsible for ensuring
that the  project is successful and they will get their money back."

We are putting together our financial plan right now and would be able to
present that to any potential investors. (My post was not a request for
loans but a contribution to the discussion, stating our plan.) Due
diligence is important! My wife and I have exercised that with the two
local cooperative businesses in which we have invested.

Thanks also for mentioning the developer option. Our assumption has been
that we are too small (12-18 homes) and too rural (no local developers
interested in cohousing-- actually, virtually no local developers) for a
developer to be interested, but we will consider the possibility after
we've put together the essentials in our financial plan.

Jerry
http://stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com/