Re: Community wide Wifi
From: a gavagai (agavagaigmail.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:14:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi Tom,

I believe the router is for internet service, not 3G for cell phone.
 However, AT&T offers a wireless 3G signal booster
http://www.att.com/standalone/3gmicrocell/?fbid=yYR-ievDGKY
which I used in one home with poor reception.  This "connects to your
broadband Internet service to create a strong, secure, sharable 3G signal
in your home."

I'm sure other carriers or independent manufacturers have something
similar.
I don't know technical details, but I think this kind of device might give
you cell service inside shielded homes.

Best regards,
Agava