Re: Exterior modifications
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:34:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi Jerry and all!

There are pluses and minuses to every development model.  Lot development has
its own downsides.  What’s wonderful about cohousing is that there are many
many different models from which to choose.

For tight urban infill developments, lot development is not an option.  For
example, Takoma Village is 43  households on 1.43 acres.  Eastern Village is 56
households plus 11 units of commercial/residential units on 1/2 acre (.53
acres.)

Some folks like rural, some urban, some super urban and some suburban.

Lots of choice for everyone.

And every one of these choices has pros and cons.  The important thing is to
know what to expect regardless of what model you choose.   Hence, this list
which is a valuable resource whether your forming,building or living in
cohousing.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing