Re: Meal Tracking Programs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 06:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 2, 2014, at 5:47 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Your system only works for people who can make all or at least most Monday
> nights in a given rotation. Anyone else doesn't get to participate.

People sign up for each rotation. If they can't make many of the nights, they
don't sign up for that rotation. A rotation lasts as long as the number of cook
teams. Or they ask for late plates. Or sign up for those they can make and pay
the $4.

> What about if someone is a picky eater, or has allergies, or for other reasons
> finds they simply can't eat what ends up getting served on a given night?
> Or whose schedules vary a lot and don't have them home the same night
> every week?

In this case they make a note when they sign up or bring their own meal or
don't eat in the CH.

We have both vegans and vegetarians. Since almost all meals are vegetarian that
isn't a problem. Vegan's are harder to plan for but people do it. And some
meals are vegan -- rice, soup, salad is common for Monday nights. One person
makes tacos, a big night, and those can be vegan, vegetarian, or meat.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Reality is something you rise above." Liza Minnelli