Re: market value of cohousing
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 08:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
>> Everything I've heard is that the added facilities don't translate to added
>> value. The prices are pretty much the same as market rate for any similar
>> unit.
>
> That is true at Takoma Village too.

And RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend WA. In terms of tax-appraised values of
properties in the neighborhood, one might argue that being in cohousing adds
about $45K to the theoretical value. But over the years, resale prices have
been comparable to a similar property outside cohousing.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau