Re: Something Magical Happened at Takoma Village Last Night ...
From: Richard L Kohlhaas (rlkohlearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 09:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
That reminds me of explaining cohousing to the man who owned the property that
we eventually
built  on:  He replied, "I get it, it's like a commune except that everyone has
their own bedroom."

On 12 Jun 2014 at 11:05, David Heimann wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       Here are some other terms I've seen, used, or made up myself to
> describe cohousing as against an ordinary condo:
>
> o  Cohousing is a condo where the homeowners' association meets monthly
> instead of annually.
>
> o  Cohousing is a condo community with emphasis on the community.
>
> o  Cohousing is the most conservative form of an intentional community.
>
> o  Cohousing is an intentional community with mortgages.
>
> o  Cohousing is similar to a cooperative, but instead of having a room in
> a house you have an apartment in a condo.
>
> o  Cohousing is a condo where the individual units are somewhat smaller
> and the common facilities much bigger.
>
> Regards,
> David Heimann
> Jamaica Plain Cohousing

Dick Kohlhaas <rlkohl [at] earthlink.net>
(719)633-8170
Board Member, Cohousing Association of the U.S.
Resident of  Colorado Springs (Colorado) Cohousing Community at Casa Verde
Commons
Completed March 2003. 34 units on 4 acres     www.casaverde.us