Re: What SHOULD I be worried about?
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousingpartners.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:13:01 -0700 (PDT)
California Regs do not require any initial funding of the reserve fund.
When people close on their homes and start paying HOA dues, they start
setting aside a portion of those funds for the long term maintainence
reserves. Development budgets are so tight these days, I would hesistate
to add reserve funding out of the development budget.  But, I wholely
agree about the importance of having realistic reserve set asides as part
of your HOA dues from the very beginning, with renewed reserve studies
done regularly-- California regs require at least every 3 years.

Katie

--
Kathryn McCamant, President, Architect
CoHousing Partners, LLC