Re: Governance and Income Inequality
From: Jude Foster (foster.judegmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 07:18:13 -0800 (PST)
Diane,
We haven’t had to cross that bridge yet, needing to raise dues more than COLA
would allow (this year only 1/7%)  And the agreement is only 3 years old.
Should that reality arise, and I can certainly imagine it happening, we would
need a consensus process to overturn or make an exception to it.

In the meantime, the effect of a pre-set limit to increasing the dues was to
greatly reduce the strain and stress (especially at the Budget Faire itself)
between those households who would be comfortable raising the dues more, and
those who need or want to limit their dues as much as possible.
Jude