Re: Two monthly fees: Homeowners (HOA) and CoHo Assn
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 05:26:11 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 15, 2015, at 9:42 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I think CohoUS could do us a service by collecting and compiling real
> financial information from established communities.

Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes. Aren't there a bunch of techies out
there who could set up a data gathering software program that would allow
communities to enter their own information?

Comparing the costs could be linked to a formula based on demographics. We've
discussed before the issues related to whether a community is urban or not but
there are objective standards that can be use-- like the various government
classifications. We could use a formula like the cost of living to normalize
the fees. And a formula that accounts for the inclusion of various services
like internet. If Google can do it, we must have numbers people who can too.

But perhaps not. What became of the people working on meal soft ware?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC