Re: Preparing for electric cars on site
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:28:45 -0800 (PST)
Tom, theoretically it's possible, but if folks are driving far and it takes
4 hours to charge on level 2 (as my RAV4 EV did), 12 is not likely. The
obstacles are many: Most people drive during the day and need to charge
after work/in the early morning. Most people don't want to get up in the
middle of the night to unplug one and plug in another, much less move
vehicles. Equalizing charges take longer (usually happen automatically once
a week).

Charging two vehicles each day with one charging station would be an
accomplishment, though a station could have more than one cable per EVSE.

Jerry

Jerry McIntire
Stone's Throw Ecovillage, in the heart of Wisconsin's beautiful Driftless
region
http://stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com/
1-608-637-6620