Re: Community Size [was Operating budget categories
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 12:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
> On May 7, 2015, at 12:10 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
> wrote:
>
> I thought 24 households was pretty common, but Sharon says we're "one of the
> smaller communities"-- I guess we were only typical of early communities; the
> other two, still in progress, intentional communities in Port Townsend -- the
> EcoVillage, and the new Quimper Village senior coho -- are also in the "20s"
> for # of homes, though

It might be common and smaller too. Takoma Village is 43 units and Eastern
Village a mile from us is 56 or 57. That is “larger”.

Early communities, I think, tended to be smaller but now if you want to build
in urban areas, you need economies of scale.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC