Re: Can We Live Without Hierarchy?
From: Pare Gerou (paregerougmail.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Daniel,
The article you offered is very interesting.  I am reading "Holacracy: The
Revolutionary Management System That Abolishes Hierarchy" by Brian
Robertson in an effort to better understand what leaders like Sharon
Villines, Diane Leafe Christian, Jerry Koch Gonzales and others are
advancing in cohousing governance. I am comparing Holacracy and Sociocracy
to the thoughtful and arguably improved N Street Consensus "2.0 model" as
well as to the traditional consensus-with- unanimity model.  It is easy to
read and understand the advantages Holacracy and Sociocracy- your article
talks about distributed authority as enabling the "larger complexity of the
collective behavior" and Holacracy claims a similar advantage that allows
rapid processing of "tensions" to enable better educated responsiveness or
innovation.  So, the advantages seem plentiful.  We have some great minds
in cohousing, and I would love to hear what some of them have to say about
the disadvantages of Holacracy or delegated or distributed authority
governance for cohousing.  Any of you have the interest in mentioning the
disadvantages or problems using this model?
-Pare Gerou

Pare Gerou
1725 Belvedere Place
Charlottesville, VA 22901
434.962.7801

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Daniel Lindenberger <daniel [at]
smallboxcms.com