Re: Visioning Workshop
From: mira Danyel brisk (mirabepeacegmail.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 06:27:36 -0700 (PDT)
Wow, great question and discussion.

This is inspiring and informational also for a forming group as well as, I
hope, established ones.

Knee deep In the formation stage as I am in Charlotte, NC, it also make
sense to encourage and plan for long term thinking and results in this
way.  Framing the 'visioning' in a way to get to specific goals and action
items make a lot of sense at any stage.  That's where we 'walk the talk'
and if the 'vision' and 'values' aren't in our actions, what good are they
anyhow.  That's the only way people can really see our values, through out
actions, right??!!

I find people frustrated about just talk without actions also.  We need to
see something being done to really know its going to change and connect.
Real connecting conversations are also a form of action and do make a
difference as well, in my experience.  :)

Thanks Alice for the detailed questions and process you shared also.  Very
useful!!!

- Mira

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Alice Alexander <alicecohous [at] gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kudos to Touchstone Cohousing for revisiting mission/vision at the 10 year
> mark!
>
> At Durham Coho, we are embarking on a visioning process to provide a road
> map for long term health and wellness; which for one, will help inform what
> and how we invest our funds and time. Below is our summary agenda, which
> outlines the first part of what is a year long process. This approach may
> be suitable to new communities.
> Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director and member of Durham Coho
>
> Community Visioning at Durham Coho
>
> "If you don't know where you are going - you might end up someplace else."
> Yogi
> Berra
>

> What future do we want at Durham Coho and what will be necessary to achieve
> this vision? Let’s gather to capture what members most value about our
> community, and create a shared image of what we want our community to
> become. Change is inevitable; this process will enable us to be proactive
> in how we want to approach and mold this change.
>

> Potential questions to whet your appetite:
>
>    -
>
>    Whom do we want to attract to live here in 10 years? in 20?
>    -
>
>    How do we consider and address climate change?
>    -
>
>    How are we a caring community as opposed to a health care community?
>    -
>
>    What is our role in shaping Durham development that affects us?
>

> Who’s invited? All Durham Coho members
>
> Is this required? Participation is optional and encouraged
>
> When? Five one-hour meetings, Tuesdays at 7:00 pm (late Sept through early
> Feb)
>
> How can I get to the meeting and still eat dinner? Pizza and other snacks
> provided!
>

> 7:00 pm Tuesday, Sept 29
>
> Session 1 - Orientation
>

> 7:00 pm Tuesday, Oct 27
>
> Session 2 - Vectors
>
> Identifying internal and external vectors that will cause change in our
> community, such as a community member leaving (internal vector) or the
> neighborhood changing (external)
>

> 7:00 pm Tuesday, Dec 1
>
> Session 3 - Mapping the Vectors
>
> Which vectors are most important to us as a community; which are likely to
> have the greatest impact; what is the time frame (near term 2-5 years, mid
> range 5-10 years; long range 10-15 years). Groups will assess how these
> vectors align with our values and what are the priorities.
>

> 7:00 pm Tuesday, Jan 5
>
> Session 4 - Consensus on our Road Map
>
> Priority areas to be adopted by members to consider how we transform our
> vision into reality
>

> 7:00 pm Tuesday, Feb 2
>
> Session 5 - Transforming our Vision into Reality
>
> Creating a plan and set of options
>
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Jill Dimond <jpdimond [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all --

> [...]

Peace,
*Mira Danyel Brisk*
*Move With Spirit!*
*704-293-0412*

*Shake Your Soul (YogaQi Dance), Gentle Yoga and KidsYoga Meditation on
Twin Hearts Circles   **Integra Wellness Center  *
*Pranic Energy Healing*
*Cohousing Charlotte *
*UISAC Peace Center*