Re: Developer Model of Co-housing
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Sue Ellen again!

Rereading your email it seems that you don't have any legal entity or any legal
documents or any development plans.

What do you have in place right now?

If your friends haven't done development in the past I strongly suggest you
work with one of the many Cohousing professionals on this list.

I'm often bemused  by the number of people who decide to develop a piece of
property they own without much knowledge of the landmines that are buried in
the development timeline at every twist and turn.   If I needed an appendectomy
I could certainly go to the library and get a book on

"DIY appendectomy".   I might even pull off the surgery but why would I try it
when they're experts out there who do this all the time?  And they have a much
better recovery rate…

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC