Re: Commitments to community
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:02:07 -0800 (PST)
I think a voluntary system works surprisingly wellŠthat is 1) just being
clear that our operating budget is dependent on everyone pitching in one
way or another, and always helpful to have a suggested number of hours per
month/year that people should plan on putting in, and then 2) at the end
of year, reminding people that if they were not able to actively
participate as much as they may have wanted, they can still help out by
making a voluntary $$ contribution that gives the community funds to hire
people to do the work they weren¹t able to get to.

If you track hours and ³enforce² paymentŠ.people will resent it. But if
you let people know and give them the opportunity, you can often raise
more money much easier.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

On 1/17/16, 3:50 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Sharon Villines"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on