Re: Mandatory Participation in Common Meals Survey Results
From: Mary Baker, Solid Communications (marysolid-communications.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 07:37:40 -0800 (PST)
I notice in the Comments section that one person said: “I think that the best
hope to getting such software more broadly available is to get the guy in
Sonora Coho that has been working on a community software package to include
meal sign up/accounting piece in it.”

Well here’s some good news. His software has had that available for years. We
use it all the time. If you visit the Demo on his site, you can see the actual
software the way we use it every day and a few real entries from our community.
(Names are changed). Common meal sign up allows you specify the role you’re
volunteering for, indicates diner signups (by age groups) and keeps track of
charges. There’s also a way to create a Potluck Meal signup for $0 and people
can indicate what they’re bringing in the notes section. We have a main events
calendar, a common meals calendar, a guest room calendar, a dogsitting
calendar, and even a custom egg calendar for the rotating list of families
signed up to receive eggs from the Poultry Team.

The Demo begins here: http://cohousing.site/demo

-Mary B.