Re: Two homes for sale at Westwood Cohousing in Asheville, North Carolina -- update about links.
From: Linda H (lindahobbeton.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 14:45:05 -0700 (PDT)
On 8/19/2016 9:46 PM, Virgil Huston wrote:

These are a couple of the least expensive cohousing units I have seen
and they look very nice. My question is, is there anywhere in the US
where cohousing is actually affordable for the unwashed masses? Is
there any cohousing available for people who cannot afford $300K plus
homes? I love the concept, but it certainly seems like a pretty
elitist thing. I am not trying to be difficult, I would love to live
in a cohousing situation, but, as Wonder Warthog once said, "not at
these Uranus prices."

Village Hearth in Durham, NC expects our prices will run from $185,000 for a one bedroom/one bath unit to $300,000 for 2 bedrooms/2 baths (according to our consultant). We have land and are recruiting members with the hope of starting our design workshops soon. We are planning 28 units clustered on 15 acres of land.

Linda Hobbet