Call for workshop proposals for West Coast Communities Conference
From: Sky Blue (peacewithinchaosgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
*The West Coast Communities Conference <http://westcoastcommunities.org> is
still open to workshop proposals. More info about the event is below You
can read the full call for proposals here
<http://groundswell.institute/our-programs/west-coast-communities-conference/call-for-presenters/>.*
We are hoping to have a wide range of community movers and shakers to
present workshops, dialogues, and demonstrations. Anyone with interest or
experience in worker cooperatives, rural communes, artist collectives, or
any other kind of communal enterprise is invited to participate. We
encourage people to be creative in the matter and manner of these
presentations and ask only that they hold some relation to intentional
community.

*West Coast Communities Conference 2016Thursday September 29th to Sunday
October 2nd 2016@ Groundswell Institute
<http://groundswell.institute/about-groundswell/>, a queer ecovillage and
retreat center*

Whether old hat to intentional community or just diving in for the first
time, join us at the second annual West Coast Communities Conference to get
the boost in skills, connections, and wisdom that will take your engagement
to the next level. A blend of workshops and interactive social activities,
we will go deep into the topics that matter most to our communities while
also making time for joyous connections.

The focus for this year’s conference will be on racial and economic
justice. These struggles remain present in our lives and more evident than
ever – so, we feel it is essential for us to focus on these issues within
the communities movement. We have tremendous potential to be leaders in
confronting racial and economic disparities, and we also have a long way to
go before our own movement reflects the diversity of our country. Continued
discussion is key, so we are encouraging all presenters to find ways to
bring these subjects into their workshops or activities and for WCCC
participants to come with both ideas and open minds.

--
*Executive Director - Fellowship for Intentional Community <http://ic.org>
*Manager - Twin Oaks Communities Conference